8.11.2010

Birthday bling

Hiya!

Sorry I've been missing for a little while - I could use the excuse that school is coming up and I'm really busy, but the fact is, I am out of mojo and I don't like doing anything on the computer in a creative rut.
Here is a card I made for the Stamp and Scrap challenge this week - made this when I was in another rut a few weeks ago. Seriously, July and August have got to be my ruttiest months ever. :( But I've had a lot of other awesome things happening, so I guess it's not too good to dwell on this small, negative point. ;)



Instructions: Trim card base and patterned papers. Attach patterned papers to card base, and sew. Adhere ribbon, ruffling as you go along, to card base. Attach frame on top of ribbon using foam squares. Stamp sentiment, punch out, and place in the middle of frame. Distress edges and top off sentiment with gems.

I'm thinking about getting a lightbox, because the photos I've been getting lately have been pretty bad, and they're only going to get worse when winter comes and I can't take my pictures outside. So, anybody have some good, inexpensive solutions? And I'm not sure if I have to buy special lights to go with the box...?

Thanks for dropping in and for all the kind comments!

**************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: Girls Paperie, Basic Grey
Stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: Colorbox
Gems: Prima
Frame: Colorbok
Ribbon: Seam binding, available HERE
Other: thread

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, foam squares, sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I love how that frame die graciously covers the seam binding, wonderful look! Donna just got a light box as a gift for her birthday - you may want to check out her blog and she explained where it was purchased along with other details...hope it works for you...I still do the old-fashioned wait til daybreak to take my photos...I'm too scared to fool around with my camera settings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty! always love your designs! i am thinking about getting a light box, too. the colors of my cards has been inconsistent lately and i really hate that. would love to know what feedbacks you get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card- so sweet and so you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure doesn't look like you are in a slump - this is gorgeous!! As for the lightbox - I have searched the web many times before. Boughten white board and white duct tape (all can be purchased at Walmart). But in the end I tore it apart - it just didn't seem to work. So I just played with my camera settings and I guess I am happy with what comes out. Though I wish I had those magazine quality photos. Let me know if you find anything that works!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the little touches with this one Clare - lovely scrunchy ribbon and sweet bling! Sorry I haven't been by much but I have just started a new job and it's kind of taking all my attention! Take care sweets, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo pretty, looks like your mojo is just fine!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)