10.02.2010

Beautiful day

Hello!

Happy World Cardmaking Day!!

Over at Simply Scrapping Crafts, we've got a fun little challenge going on, which you can find HERE. All you need to do is post one of your oldest cardmaking photos, and than post you latest card, with some optional fun questions to answer. There is a small mystery RAK up for grabs - check out the link for more details!

Thought I'd share the pic of one of my first cards - terrible, but funny. You can see the other one over at SSC....that is, if you really want to. ;)


I got some AWESOME lighting the day I took this photo, so I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
I felt like going a little retro with this card...the perfectionist in me is going crazy with how the paper isn't centered, and how the stamped frame isn't centered, but I'm just going to let go with this one...go a little wild. haha. ;)
Admittedly, I wasn't too wild about this paper pad at first, but it's grown on me, and now I love it (well...at least this particular pattern, anyways ;))


 Won the gorgeous stamps and die from 2S4Y - thanks SO much, girls! :)

Instructions: Cut patterned paper and adhere to pre-cut card base. Adhere strip of ribbon down patterned paper, roughing up the bottom end. Using die, cut out cream paper and stamp frame image and sentiment. Adhere to base, and top with roses.

I didn't have any other ribbon that matched the coral colored flowers in the paper except for this Dear Lizzy strip, and, since it looks kinda bunchy tied into a bow, I just used it straight - never done that before!

Thanks SO much for stopping in, and here's to another year of cardmaking goodness! ;)

*****************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: Hero Arts
Patterned paper: Sassafras "Indie Girl"
Stamps: MFS
Ink: Staz-on
Ribbon: Dear Lizzy, Websters Pages
Roses: Remembrance (Michaels)

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, MFS die, Cuttlebug, scissors

16 comments:

  1. Love this Clare!! You flower cluster is gro-geous!!!! You are so brave sharing one of your first cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee, I meant gOr-geous! More coffee please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful card, Clare! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing!! Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations!! I love the fabric flowers!! TFS! happy WCMD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love how you used the Webster's Bloomer. Thanks for sharing and happy WCMD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, love seeing your first card and I love this beautiful floral one too!! Happy world card making day to you! Hugs, Nat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Clare, love the positioning of the roses and the floral trim! It makes me happy! It is always fun looking back at our earlier cards, isn't it, and I think in so many ways, we all improve whether we realize it or not, so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! Happy World Card Making Day!

    Melissa
    http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the design and the flower! So pretty! Enjoyed seeing your earlier creation toO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card Clare.. love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clare, love your card, especially the cluster of flowers. At least you have a photo of your first card, thank you for sharing it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. clare this is gorgeous sweetie! I so love the the flowered paper and that rose is something I aspire to learn and to make. Your first card wasn't so bad as you think. It just needed some more embellies! Lol! I love your work and don't you think it is wonderful to have those other cards to show us where we were and how far we have come. Thanks for sharing with us all on this hop! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Taking photos at first is so tricky! My photos have improved over the years. Natural light is key!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)