7.05.2011

Inspirational cookies

Look at this colorful little photo - I don't know about you, but I've been seeing pictures of these cookies popping all over the place! So I thought I'd jump in the bandwagon, and make some cards inspired by one of those cookie pictures...


My first card using this delicious combo....

I used some Soul Food grid paper to mimic the stacked cookies in the photo....


And just look at these gorgeous Fun House cabochons! The circular flowers are there to imitate the cookies...


And now my second card...
I let the orange, dark pink and green colors dominate here (just because I love those papers from Soul Food so much! ;)), but I did manage to sneak in all the colors! The papers are in strips, arranged crookedly, once again, inspired by the crookedly stacked cookies.


I used a chipboard circle sticker to get the purple, tan and light pink in there, and then, just because even with the sewn circle framing the image, I hand cut two little arrows to draw more attention to the sentiment.


That sentiment totally fits this little procrastinator, so I think I may keep this card for awhile to motivate me! ;)

Thanks so much for stopping in today - remember to 'do it today'!




PS - be sure to check the GCD Studio's blog to enter an awesome giveaway!!



**********************************
Supplies
Birthday card
Cabochons

Today card

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards Clare. The macaroons look stunning. They are a big thing here in NZ as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These cards are beautiful! I just love that inspirational photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, too sweet, very fun and happy colors, and I love seeing those cookies too, it must be the NEW trend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the flowers on the first card and i just adore your second one! LOVE the strip paper background and design. fabulous work as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)