8.05.2011

Peachy keen

Hello there! I'm blogging over at the GCD Studios blog today, where I'm talking to ya a bit about the ending of this gorgeous summer and the entrance of a new (and beautiful here in Pennsylvania!) season.
When I think of these last days of summer, I don't muse over the lovely days we've had - I get right to work preparing for fall!
With this inspiration in mind...


....I set out to do just that!
My sister will be going back to college for her sophomore year, and I prepared a little stationary set for her as a gift.
I left the cards without a sentiment so she can use them for almost any occasion - remember, cards don't always have to have a sentiment and those blanks ones can be pretty handy at time!
The gray paper I used here reminded me of those sweaters we'll be wearing here once the fall sets in! Brr! And then some brown for those bare trees!


And some yummy paper from Animal Crackers for boys to capture the sweetness of those peaches {that won't be in season come fall! :( }  in the inspiration photo.


Adorable buttons to top off the telephone images...


So when you say "last days of summer" to me, this is what you'll get - bits and pieces of fall to remind me of the school year looming ahead!
Thanks so much for reading and talk to you later!

*****************************
Supplies
S'mores
Icon Dots
Trail Blazer
Buttons - Sweet Surrender

3 comments:

  1. Aw..how sweet is your card with no sentiment?! I agree, some note cards are best without the sentiment! Your sister is going to cherish these! (I can't get over your talent with your age! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet and pretty, love how soft and gentle this is! It's nice to have a little cool down in the Fall after the harsh Summer heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful set. love the simple design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)