9.19.2011

thanks

....a card made for the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge - first time playing with any PS stamps, although these ones are just digital.

 
The inspiration photo...


As soon as I saw the picture I knew what I wanted to do. The twisted cord, and smooth beads, the colors....so lovely. I think THIS earlier card of mine also helped inspire me - the wrap around string was so fun, so I wanted to try it again.


I originally was going to use colored pearls instead of the flower stamps, but I didn't have the right colors, so this flower stamp it was. I also didn't even have any small white pearls, so I used some old pearl string - it actually worked really well, and helped focus the sentiment. Glossy Accents keep the flowers and pearls in place (it's really hard otherwise to stop them from rolling around)


I wasn't going to have a sentiment (because I wanted it to be birthday themed, and there aren't any free b-day sentiments..yet *hint hint* ;)), but it looked too simple, so I had to go back in and add the sentiment.


Well, that's pretty much it for me today - thanks so much for stopping in!

*****************************
Card supplies
Cardstock: LSS
Patterned paper: GCD Studios 'Fun House'
Stamps: Paper Smooches digital stamps, Hero Arts 'Envelope Liner'
Ink: Versamark, printer ink
Other: pearls, hemp cord

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, printer, Glossy Accents

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and dainty card - gorgeous! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Clare. Love those little flowers and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute, Clare! I've always loved the way you twist and tie your twine, very effective look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY VERY sweet!! Jut love this, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love your take on the challenge. such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)