10.29.2012

Project Thursday {Merry Christmas}

Today I'm popping in to share a nice shabby chic card with you - my cardmaking style is rather bipolar, going from clean and simple (as seen HERE) to shabby and distressed, like now!

The Christmas stamp set is perfect for shabby chic cardmakers, since it's such an artsy and distressed looking set.


Used a sweet sentiment from the set, than stamped one of the teeny hearts from the "?" sentiment to really help the banner pop.


As challenging as this may look for you CAS cardmakers, it really wasn't complicated at all! Here are some key supplies I use with shabby chic cards that may help you;

  • Die cuts - a quick and easy focal point! Or, if you're a good stamper, a stamped focal point! 
  • Doilies - I can't resist these! They make shabby chic cardmaking a snap!
  • Glitter and/or pearls/gems - pretty little finishing touches
  • Ribbon! Silk and seam binding are by far my faves, but grosgrain works well too.
Thanks so much for stopping in! I hope those couple pointers helped you out!

3 comments:

  1. So vintage,
    , shabby and gorgeous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Clare! I would say your style is more well rounded rather than bipolar...hee hee ;) I miss your sense of humor!!! Most of all, I just miss you!

    Love and hugs to you, Sistah!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)