5.07.2013

Throwback Tuesday #8


Another one of my first cards as a design team member for GCD Studios starts the May Throwback Tuesday's off!
The deets: every Tuesday, I will post a card that has been sitting in the draft closet too long. At the end of each month, I will randomly select a winner from all the valid challenge entries!The challenge: link up an old papercraft related blog post, card photo, or post one of your old drafts/pictures! An additional entry will be given to those who comment on the Throwback Tuesday posts for that month.The prize: a big ol' box stuffed with scrapbooking goodies!Sorry, but due to crazy expensive shipping costs, this challenge is open to the US only!


What I said back in April '11...

...is what I feel about Melody Ross's 'Soul Food' line. :) I've already has so much fun playing with this line, but here is my very first card using it...



We were challenged by Heidi to make a project with white space and a clear title/sentiment...white space, check. Title...um, not so much, but it's there! ;)


I know you can't feel this card, so I'll just go ahead and tell you that the butterfly is sparkly, and those white buttons are fuzzy. Oh yes, fuzzy.

For these wonderfully fuzzy buttons, I punched circles out from Melody Ross's Soulfield paper from the beautiful 'Soul Food' line...


Used a 1" punch here, and cut through the middle of the flowers...



 Then adhered them to some chipboard buttons...


And poked through the holes...


 And oila! Lovely, touchable, fuzzable buttons. :)

 

And that, my friends, completes my first GCD Studios technique assignment...and this months first Throwback Tuesday!


***********************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper, chipboard elements: GCD Studios Melody Ross "Soul Food"
Other: String, pen

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, 1" hole punch

4 comments:

  1. Clare! I love this card...I wouldn't change anything about it. I need to challenge myself to doing a card with "white space"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these cardstock circles from Melody Ross, love what you did with the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this CAS card Clare especially the colors and the butterfly 'button':-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You clever crafter! Love your ingenious idea with the DIY buttons! Beautiful work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)