6.25.2013

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

Popping in today for this months Papertrey Ink blog hop - this month's focus is gold...


This new trend is something that I've tried my hand at several times, but each time, haven't been quite satisfied. Today's card is no different, but I'm going to keep at it till I think I can nail it! ;)


You wouldn't believe how long it took me to decide on what gems I wanted to use here - white pearls, pink, orange, or purple sequins - it was ridiculous. It definitely took up more time than putting the rest of the card together, and that includes the stamping, embossing, watercoloring, and adhering stuff. Even now, I'm second-guessing myself, and wanting to add some more black gems.

I used THIS technique with Twinkling H2O's, but in a slightly messier way, for the background. This was my inspiration for the gold and watercolor background...


That's all for today, folks! Thanks for stopping in and God bless!

*************************
Cardstock: Canson
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Mini Blooms", Avery Elle "Handwritten Notes"
Ink: Brilliance, Versamark, Twinkling H2O's
Other: gems (Michaels), embossing powder (Hampton Art)

Tools: heat gun

7 comments:

  1. Great technique! Love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gold against the white embossed (black) sentiment! Beautiful job, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat, unique background...and I totally understand struggling with gem usage. It takes me forever to decide and half the time I end up pulling them off, but I love how you've placed them on your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)