3.09.2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect challenge

...a quick one I whipped up last night because (not surprisingly) I got my weeks confused and sent in poor Sav an anything goes card for a picture perfect challenge. ;)


Isn't it so homey and purty?

Here's my take, using the cute Party Posse stamp set and Balloons die...


I was obviously inspired by those colors, which I thought would be perfect for a masculine card! And lets be honest - you can never have too many of those!
Oh, and something nifty I finally realized - I've always clear embossed any wood veneer I've colored with ink, because the ink usually doesn't tend to wanna stay. On these stars, I used some silver Memento ink, but instead of embossing them, I just zapped them with some heat from the embossing gun, and oila! Problem solved!
It's just a little something I picked up from Kristina Werner that I'm sure all you stamping pros out there already knew, however, we've already established that I'm pretty slow on picking up obvious stamping/inking tips. ;)

Anywho, if you wanna see the rest of the design team's fabulous samples, here they are, all nice and linked up for ya!

Savannah

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless!

******************************
Cardstock: Strathamore
Stamp: Paper Smooches "Party Posse"
Ink: Versamark, Memento
Patterned paper: Crate Paper "Story Teller", Making Memories
Other: embossing powder (Martha Stewart), hemp cord (Darice)

Tools: heat gun, Cuttlebug, Paper Smooches Balloons die

2 comments:

  1. Clare, your card is AWESOME! The perfect masculine birthday card! I love the silver stars and balloons... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love how you wrote about sending me the AG card:) LOL! It happens--- so don't worry about it!! :)

    I love your little tip--- totally going to try that! I love your wood veneer too! I must get some of that! This is a perfect masculine card! Great take on this photo! You nailed it! LOVE x1000000:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)