7.05.2015

Tricky Shooting // Avery Elle

It's been a struggle, peeps.
First off, the cards I'm sharing with you today gave me and the camera the darndest time. They simply would not make themselves decent for the camera. Or maybe it was the camera's problem. Either way, I struggled with both camera and cards for a couple days, and I don't have much to show for it.

Secondly, the girl who loathes math and has not taken any math courses in over five years is starting a summer calculus class tomorrow.

The struggle is real.
Anyways, enough complaining from me, and on to the cards, inspired by THIS pin.


This card was made for the Avery Elle Sparkle challenge and the Virginia's View 100% Stamping challenge.
Sometimes, when you use glitter embossing powder (especially the cheapy stuff I have), the embossing won't quite cover the entire image/sentiment and you'll have some odd spots in the embossing.
To avoid this, I inked my stamp with Versamark first (for extra stickiness), then Brilliance gold ink, and topped it off with the glitter embossing powder.


The second card was actually the forerunner of the second one - I just remembered that it was more shiny than sparkly, so that's how the second card came to be.


Usually my cardstock warps when I do heat embossing, but this Bazzill cardstock stood up well. I think embossing the entire front (with stamps from Oh Happy Day) also helped.
The tips of the arrows were filled in gold embossing powder, and the feathers were colored using some Tim Holtz markers.

Thanks for stopping in and God bless!

*********************************
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Avery Elle "Oh Happy Day"
Ink: Versamark, Brilliance, Tim Holtz
Other: embossing powder (Hampton Art)

Tools: heat gun

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just DELIGHTFUL!! I love the boutique/museum stationary look...and it's handmade-double wow! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “100% Stamped” Challenge! Hope that you are enjoying summer, Clare! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I could never tell that you struggled with the card and camera...but the Calculus? Wish you good luck and that you will not struggle at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calculus? I took that in high school and it was hard! And I'm sure college course is even harder. Wish you good luck on that and hopefully you'll do well. Both of your cards are so pretty! I love the second one especially, maybe it's because of the gold. I like the gold look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)