8.26.2015

Custom Stamped Background // Avery Elle

Hi all, I'm stopping in today with a card for two challenges, that focuses on making your own custom stamped background.

I started with the Storybook stamp set (I know, I know, I'm obsessed!) from Avery Elle, and instead of using the images as focal points, I used them to create a soft focal background (not sure if that's an oxymoron or not...) piece.


I covered my watercolor panel with some anti-static powder (corn starch is a good substitute) then began stamping all the images from the set. I would stamp one or two images, then cover them with white glitter embossing powder, then resume stamping, repeating the process. Once everything was stamped, I heat embossed everything and went in with some soft watercolor.


I topped the card off with a bold but simple heat embossed sentiment from the Ellie stamp set (which I'm also obsessed with) and a few sequins.


I placed my finished panel on a piece of kraft cardstock that I had already embossed from a previous project.

That finishes up the card, made for the AEI{heart}U Embossing challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.
Thanks so much for the kind words and have a lovely day!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Canson
Stamps: Avery Elle "Storybook" and "Ellie"
Ink: Versamark, Tim Holtz
Other: sequins, embossing powder (Hampton Art, Hero Arts)

Tools: Cuttlebug, heat gun, water, paintbrush

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely and an imaginative use of embossing! Thanks for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a dainty, pretty card - I love it, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! So soft and pretty! Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)