10.05.2015

Seamless Layered Sentiment // Hero Arts

Today's the day! My Monthly Hero is launching, and boy, is the first month a doozy!
Just check out this gorgeous poinsettia stamp set and coordinating inks...


It's SO easy to stamp the layers - I didn't have the guide when I first got the set, but it took me no time at all to figure out how to layer them, and I'm not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to stamp layering. ;)


As a disclaimer, I'm a lazy (surprise!) stamp layering kind of gal - I'm not a perfectionist by any means. I chalk any imperfections up to adding to the homemade element of the card. ;)
So basically, these flowers could look more realistic if you layered them perfectly. But if you're not about that, don't worry - I gotchya back. ;)
To stamp the flowers, I used the Hero Arts ombre ink, as I described in THIS post. FYI, the kit does come with five beautiful inks, but I just didn't have them on hand when I made this card.


For the panel, I first stamped on the cut out flowers, with a piece of scrap paper behind them. Then I stamped the sentiment again on the white panel, and adhered the flowers on top, for a seamless look to the sentiment. Another FYI, the kit comes with coordinating dies for the flowers, but again, I didn't have those on hand, so I hand cut them (which was pretty easy and simple)

If you want a smoother, one layer look, you could stamp the flowers on the white panel, and stamp directly on that. Then cut around pieces of the flowers poke out, but still retain an overall rectangular shape.


Can you believe that background? I love how the Dot Moire (and no, I still don't remember how to pronounce it correctly, though I checked several times on Merriam Webster) looks embossed! To make sure it still popped, but didn't detract from the stamped panel, I separated the two with a piece of vellum.

So, what do you think of this new kit and stamp set? Isn't it gorgeous?! Here's a list of more bloggers showcasing this beautiful set;


As an FYI, the kit is available for a limited time only - once it's gone, it's gone. There is not an option to subscribe at this time, but a new exclusive kit will be released on the first Monday of each month.

Thanks for stopping in and God bless!

SUPPLIES

Cardstock: Hero Arts Blush Mix Folding Cards and Snow Layering Papers
Stamps: Hero Arts My Monthly Hero October and Dot Moire
Ink: Versamark, Hero Arts black, green ombre, red ombre, and Lemon Yellow 
Other: embossing powder and gems (Hero Arts), vellum

Tools: heat gun

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Clare! Very effective to add the vellum in between focal panel and Dot Morie (I believe it's pronounced "dot" "mo-ree" :) ). And your layering stamping is perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I
    love the background
    paper!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dies come with the kit. Great card thanks for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am literally going ga ga over that Dot Moire background. YES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love all the stamps and how you used them, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. the layer of vellum made all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love that background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty
    How did u stamp sentiment partly over the poinsettia ?
    Love the background! Need that stamp !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For the panel, I first stamped the sentiment on the cut out flowers, with a piece of scrap paper behind them. Then I stamped the sentiment again on the white panel, and adhered the flowers on top, for a seamless look to the sentiment. Does that help? :)

      Delete
  9. Clare, your card is GORGEOUS!!!! That poinsettia flowers look so real. I do hope they will have more in stock so I can buy this kit, too! THANK YOU For your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Polka dots make me a happy stamper!! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)