11.18.2015

Northern Lights Scene // Hero Arts

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but scene cards are my favorite cards to make, though I don't always have ideas for them. Today's card is an idea that transferred pretty well from thoughts to paper.
Even my critical (in a good way) little sister Rosie liked the card - she asked me for it as soon as she saw it, so that's why I'm linking this up with Jennifer McGuire's Handmade Kindness kids challenge, and also for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Christmas challenge.


I was going for a Northern Lights kind of thing, though it's definitely harder to tell in the photograph than in real life. The watercolor cardstock I used was pretty old - I use a simple sheet protector to stash my cardstock scraps and pieces, and for this card, I pulled out a piece that was at least a couple years old and had a little bit of blue painting on it already.
I used a mix of Distress Inks and Tattered Angels to make the night sky, and then used some pearlescent Martha Stewart white acrylic paint to add some white "stars." Then I stamped some extra little stars here and there for some deeper pops of purple.


I added a teensy bit of gray coloring to these adorable bears from Lia.


I covered the entire background with a couple coats of Wink of Stella, and it is SO pretty and shimmery! For the border, I sewed without thread to get the piercings, but if you had a border die/rectangle cutout, you could always use that.

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless!

ETA: I'm cleaning out my scrap room bit by bit (I'm probably going to be moving when I graduate this upcoming May, so I'm trying to get a headstart on this now) and have posted lots of stamps HERE. A lot of them I'm offering for free, as long as you pay for shipping and promise them a good home. ;)

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Strathamore, Bazzill
Stamps: Hero Arts Winter Bear Set by Lia and Joy to the World
Ink: Versamark, Distress Ink, Tattered Angels
Other: white embossing powder (Hero Arts), clear embossing powder (Hampton Arts), Wink of Stella, Zig CleanColor

Tools: Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Winter Bear Set by Lia die, water, sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. This is such a special card! I love it, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare this is gorgeous! Such an awesome idea with the tree embossed "shadows." Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet scene, I can see why your sister wanted it! Wonderful bg and color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the black embossed trees on black die cut cardstock. Just beautiful! Not to mention the night sky! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Christmas Wednesday Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)