1.30.2016

Abstract Painted Background // Hero Arts

Whenever I have an assignment for the Hero Arts blog, I usually take a couple tries before I figure out exactly what I want to post. That's because I want to have the very best for the blog - certain cards may not be executed cleanly enough, illustrate a technique as well as I'd like, etc. However, I still want to share with you my experiments and the cards that didn't quite make the cut, and that's what today's card is.


I shared the technique of creating your own custom colored acrylic paints with ink on the Hero Arts blog awhile back, and today's card utilizes that technique. This card was more of a total relaxation sort of card if anything - I pretty mindlessly brushed these colors on. The inspiration for this painting was my friend Lisa - this girl is amazing when it comes to painting. ;)

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the painted panel has a pretty sheen to it, since I used white Martha Stewart pearlescent paint.


I wanted to let the background shine, but had to have a bold enough sentiment to pop out, so I used the fun Love by Lia stamp set, and heat embossed it in gold.

Some string given to me by a friend and enamel dots finish off the card - short, simple and sweet. I'm planning on dropping this one of in my friends mailbox later this week. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Canson, Bazzill
Stamps: Hero Arts Love by Lia
Ink: Hero Arts Soft Apricot, Tide Pool, Mint Julep, Fresh Peach and Soft Vanilla, Versamark
Other: enamel dots (My Minds Eye), gold embossing powder (Hampton Arts), string (stash)

Tools: paintbrush, water, heat gun, Fishers 1" circle punch

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful! Love seeing how you cooperate acrylic paint on cardmaking. Thanks for the inspiration and tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is incredible, beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)