6.30.2016

Cheery Thanks // Hero Arts

I have one last bright and cheery card for June (I can't believe we're going into July already!!)


I was inspired by THIS pin, and I thought the You're So Lovely stamps would work perfectly with it. The front panel was pretty simple to make - lightly mist the watercolor cardstock with water, stamp the flowers in different colors (misting them slightly to achieve a messier look) and drying in between stamping, to prevent the colors from muddying.


Once I had dried my panel, I die cut the sentiment out using the Thank You die, and added it on to the card base using an adhesive foam sheet. I topped off the card with some pearls, and then decided I wanted to add a little extra oomph to sentiment, so I used my Wink of Stella pen to add some shimmer behind the die cut word. This would've been easier if I'd had the forethought to do it before adhering the panel down, but it still worked. :)

Thanks so much for stopping in and have a beautiful day!

SUPPLIES:


Cardstock: Canson watercolor
Stamps: Hero Arts You're So Lovely
Ink: Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar and Dried Marigold
Other: Hero Arts Sunshine Mixed Accents, clear Wink of Stella

Tools: Cuttlebug, Hero Arts Thank You die, spray bottle

1 comment:

  1. Very very beautiful! Such pretty colors - you are right, the stamp set is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)